We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other's needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
Please treat all surgery staff with due respect - we are all just doing our job.
Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
Tell us of any change of name, address or telephone number so that our records are accurate.
Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery.
Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
Please report to receptionist on arrival.
Please allow sufficient time for your consultant's letter or the results of any tests to reach us (usually 2 - 3 weeks after appointment).
Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibly to you.
We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well!